Outstanding Greek Salad Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste, chopped
- To make dressing, place the garlic, vinegar, salt, black pepper and cayenne in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade. Whirl until blended.
- Continuing to whirl, gradually add the oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thinly steady stream.
- The dressing will thicken.
- Continuing to whirl, add the anchovies or anchovy paste. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- The dressing can be used right away or covered and left at room temperature. If making the dressing more than 1 day ahead, cover and refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more