Outstanding Banana Bread - Super Easy Tasty Recipe
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 1⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup ripe banana
- 1⁄2 walnuts (optional)
- Mix together sugar, baking power, baking soda, flour and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together lemon juice, milk, eggs, oil, and bananas until well blended and bananas are mashed well.
- Then, mix together the contents of both bowls using a fork or large spoon.
- Your mixture should be similar to a runny cake batter.
- If adding walnuts, stir them in now.
- Pour mixture into bread pans and cook at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when poked in the middle.
- When mixing the milk and lemon juice, pour lemon juice in a cup and and add the milk until 2/3 cup is reached.
- I normally have to cook my bread for up to an hour even though my very old recipe states 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband said this is the best banana bread I've ever made, and he does like banana bread!!! Easily made, I used pecans instead of walnuts because the store was out of walnuts. It did take far longer than 30 mins, definitely allow about an hour for baking. Perfect :) Thank you, Raven, made for PAC Fall 2012
An Excellent Banana Bread recipe. Yes it was super easy and tasty. Made it just as the recipe was written. Would not change a thing! I have lots of peeled frozen bananas in the freezer waiting to be made into this recipe. Did bake it 45 minutes. Thank you for posting it. It was brought to my attention in the 2012 PAC game.