Out of This World Garlic - Onion Bread Machine Buns
These buns are great for sandwiches. They are just the right size...not as large as burger buns, but just right for lunches. They have a terrific texture and you can vary the garlic/onion to taste, or leave it out completely. Cheese would also be good. But best of all...no kneading and it couldn't be simplier.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (regular)
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread machine flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 dash onion powder, to taste
- 1 dash garlic powder
- slightly beaten egg
- sesame seeds or poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Add first 7 ingredients in order to bread machine.
- Use dough cycle.
- When dough is almost mixed, add next 4 ingredients.
- Run through dough cycle.
- Lightly flour board and turn out dough onto board.
- Cut into 12 pieces, shaping into buns.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20-25 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
these are awesome! I was looking for a good hamburger bun recipe and thought this would work. Just pulled them out of the oven and had to try one, soooo yummy. I am no making a loaf of bread out of the dough without the onions/garlic to see how that goes, since the dough rose so beautifully for the rolls.1Reply