Out of This World Chicken Salad!
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Put the chicken and onion in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover it.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer just until the chicken shows no signs of pink, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool in the liquid.
- Cut the meat into 3/4 inch pieces and let them cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, garlic, eggs, and relish together.
- Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Cover and refrigerate until it's chilled, about an hour.
- Eat and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The flavor of this was really good. I thought it was too gloppy and too salty BUT I made it with leftover cooked chicken breasts (skipping the onion and the cooking step) and probably only had the equivalent of two breasts worth of meat. Next time I make this I will follow the recipe more closely and update my review.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Nichol and I am 31 years old. I live in Hastings, NE with my wonderful 9 month old daughter Molly, husband David, and our cat Salem. I absolutely love to cook and come up with new recipes. I also like to cook with ingredients that my husband claims he doesn't like and then when he eats a dish I created, he LOVES it!! We hope to open our own restaurant in the next couple of years! For now I run my own catering business called Noshes by Nichol and I just thoroughly enjoy seeing the looks on peoples faces when they taste what I have created! It's the simple things in life for me and I am grateful for them every single day! Oh and GGGOOO BBBIIIGGG RRREEEDDD! We are huge Husker fans and I always make a huge spread for game days! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">