Osman's Weiner Schnitzel
- Ready In:
- 4 slices pork loin
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon
- oil (for frying)
- Wash and dry meat.
- Tenderize with meat hammer if necessary.
- Put flour in a bowl.
- Put beaten eggs in another bowl.
- Put breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dredge each piece of meat into the flour, then the eggs and then the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Fry pork on both sides.
- Ideally the coating will be medium brown when done.
- Watch the temperature of your oil--not too hot!
- Squeeze a quartered lemon over the pork before serving.
Join The Conversation
I made this recipe for mine and my SO's dinner on 3/11/11.And except for cutting the recipe in half, and omitting the lemon juice it was made as written.To make a true " German Type "meal, I served it with Cabbage and Noodles,Recipe#48588. We both enjoyed taste and juicy tenderness of this dish.In fact,we both enjoyed it so much that it's going to be made again.Thank you for posting and," Keep Smiling :) "
OMG My husband and I had this at their restaurant, in Mobile with good friends. We've traveled extensively and love to eat. That's why I have to turn to food.com for recipe's. Cooking doesn't come as naturally to me as eating. Osman's gave us one of the most memorable entree's we have ever enjoyed. Off the hook great! I am so glad to add this to my cookbook.!
I saw this featured yesterday as photo of the day and since I had all of the ingredients on hand decided to try something new. Am I glad I did!! This was wonderful & I had fun pounding it out with the meat mallet:-) It turned out amazingly tender in a crispy crust. I made sauted mushrooms to go on top and served roasted potatoes & carrots and a salad. An excellent meal I will do again.