Orzo with Mushrooms
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion and mushrooms until tender and golden brown.
- Pour in broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- If after 15 minutes there is still liquid, remove cover, and cook until liquid is gone.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a fantastic recipe. I followed recipe to the word and was not disappointed. I made this as a side dish with the Lamb Shank with Garlic and Port Wine from this website. Recipe can easily be served as a main dish. I think that a good alteration would be to add some parmesan shavings and rocket leaves.
see 4 more reviews