Orzo With Feta, Green Beans, and Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces French haricots vert or 10 ounces green beans
- 1 cup orzo pasta, rice-shaped pasta
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Fill a 4-quart pot three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for beans and orzo.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Quarter and seed tomatoes.
- Cut quarters lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Trim beans and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in oil over moderate heat until onion is softened.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until tomatoes are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water.
- In boiling salted water blanch beans 1 minute.
- With a slotted spoon transfer beans to ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain beans well in a colander and pat dry.
- Add beans to tomato mixture and return water in pot to a boil.
- Boil orzo until al dente and drain in colander.
- Add orzo to bean mixture with vinegar, parsley, feta, and salt and pepper to taste, tossing to combine well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION