Orzo With Chick Peas (Rachael Ray)
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning (or more to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, finely chopped (I leave this out)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (divided)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook to al dente (per directions on the package).
- In the meanwhile, heat extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet; add zucchini, onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook 6 to 7 minutes until tender.
- Add chick peas and heat through.
- Toss with herbs, orzo and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Adjust salt and pepper and serve, sprinkling remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over top of each serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!