- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook garlic until almost golden.
- Add the orzo and stir until coated with butter.
- Stir in onion soup mix that has been blended with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 8 minutes.
- Stir in milk and peas and simmer, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes about 4 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello. I've been enjoying this site for many, many years. Whenever I am looking for a recipe I look here first. I live in Maine and love my New England heritage cooking. I do enjoy trying diverse recipes, so have a lot of fun here.