Orzo "paella" Style
photo by Veeyababy
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 clams or 12 mussels, cooked
- 12 jumbo shrimp, cooked
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups stock, heated (I used vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup rough chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup rough chopped yellow squash
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons pimientos
- saffron, if desired
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in deep saucepan and add red onion, saute for 5 min, then add zucchini and squash.
- Saute 5 more minute and add dry orzo and toast for 4 minute Add garlic, pimentos and a dash of salt (and saffron if using), then add stock. Stir every couple minutes for about 10 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed and orzo is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, which orzo is cooking, grill chicken breasts until just cooked through with grill marks - and put the shrimp on the grill for the last few minutes.
- Steam mussels/clams.
- Stir parsley into orzo pan and then nestle seafood and large slices of chicken into the pan and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a busy girl that loves to cook and bake.