Oriental Style Beef Tips and Veggie Stir Fry
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bite-sized boneless beef cubes
- 2 cups carrots, julienned
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all sauce ingredients mixing well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat add water and veggies.
- Cook until crisp tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add oil and beef cook until lightly browned.
- Add sauce, bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 25 minutes.
- If sauce needs to be thickened just add 2 teaspoons cornstarch that has been mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- Return veggies back to skillet.
- Heat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until veggies are hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!