Oriental Rice Pilaf
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add broth, rice, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir green onions, red pepper and sesame seeds into cooked rice; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!