Oriental Fish Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm fish fillets (I used Kingclip a local meaty white fish, so use any meaty fish of your choice)
- 1 large cucumber, cut lengthways into 1 inch sticks
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 large mangoes, peeled and sliced or (425 g) can mangoes, drained
- 2 -4 red chilies or 2 -4 green chilies, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Place the fish on to a greased baking tray and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Set aside to cool, then slice into thick strips.
- Cut the cucumber Use a vegetable peeler to carefully peel thin slices from the cucumber sticks.
- Toss the cucumber slices, celery, spring onions, peppers and mango slices together in a large salad bowl.
- Add the cooled fish strips.
- Mix the chillies, lemon juice, oil, sugar and fish or soy sauce together until well combined.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and toss lightly to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I,m a Mum of 3 (26,22,and 19)They keep me on my toes so to speak!!!!!! and rapidly heading for Hair dye. I live in Sunny South Africa but I,m of Welsh(uk)decent! I use to be(before the joys of Motherhood and domestic bliss Ha HA!) a nurse specialising in Oncology(Cancer nursing).Now I,m a stay at home Mum(although I,m a part-time secretary for DH,s small business.) I,ve lots I want to do in the pipeline now the children are getting older!I love to cook,its one of my passions,besides cooking I love to Read and enjoy anything from Medical thrillers,historical epics! to a good old mystery the more complex the better! On my to do list is learning to quilt,knit fair isle and bottle preserves properly! I live at the Coast and have done so for the last 5 years,its certainly a slower pace of life here than when we lived in the city. There is something very restful about living so close to the Sea even the storms are spectacular to watch.One of My wishes is to spend a weekend in a Light house,preferably in rough weather! I,m also *Mum* to 4 dogs(all girls!)Millie the boxer,Jessie the cross border collie who is slightly mad to say the least!and my 2 little Jack Russells Molly and Mandy who have me running about all over the place I wish I had their energy!I,de bottle it and make a fortune!