Oriental Chicken Salad With Honey-Sesame Dressing
photo by AZ Food Critic
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup oil (for frying)
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 -8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 4 scallions, chopped (green onions)
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Cut chicken breasts into thin cubes or strips, set aside.
- In a pie plate or shallow dish, beat eggs with 4 tablespoons milk. In another pie plate or shallow dish, add crushed corn flake crumbs, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder, mix until well blended. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard and sesame oil. Chill for 20-30 minutes. (Unused dressing will keep in refrigerator for up to 30 days).
- In a large size skillet, add 1/4 cup oil on medium heat, when oil is hot, dip chicken into egg mixture and then in crumb mixture, place chicken in hot oil and fry to a golden brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain chicken pieces on a plate lined with paper towels, to drain. Keep warm.
- In a large size mixing or salad bowl, add romaine lettuce, shredded carrot, scallions, cabbage, almonds and chow mein noodles, toss salad to incorporate salad mixture, pour in salad dressing over top and continue to toss until well coated with dressing. Serve salad in individual salad plates and top with an even amount of crispy chicken per plate.
- Makes 4 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an Arizona food critic, soon to be cookbook author and a 27 year event caterer....Love to try new foods and recipes!