Oreo-Pistachio Dessert...this is Easy and Delicious!!
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- green food coloring
- Crush Oreos for the crust (a food processor works wonders).
- Reserve 1/4 to 1/2 cup for the top of dessert, set aside.
- Combine remaining crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9"x13" cake pan.
- Set aside.
- With a mixer, combine pudding and milk, mixing well.
- Fold in Cool Whip until well blended.
- Fold in softened ice cream.
- Add food coloring to 'perk up' the color to a nice pastel green (if desired).
- Pour pudding mixture onto Oreo crust.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cookie crumbs and freeze.
- When getting ready to serve, let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or on the counter for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!