Orecchiette With Toasted Bread Crumbs
This is a recipe for pasta (any kind you like) angel hair or other small shaped pasta. It is served with already prepared & seasoned bread crumbs. Very simple & satisfying dish. Hope you like it. This recipe has been tweaked but I found it on the Foodnetwork Channel with Giada de Laurentis.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb dried orecchiette or 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 3/4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped prosciutto
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 qts of salted water. Cook pasta until al dente; about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile in med-sized saute pan heat oil until warm. Since the bread crumbs will cook quickly, you don't want to add them into a hot pan.
- Add the breadcrumbs & stir constantly you may want to season lightly with salt & pepper, since flavored bread crumbs already have seasoning.
- Saute for about 2 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain pasta in colander. Working quickly; add pasta to saute pan & stir to combine.
- Add Parmesan & prosciutto & mix thoroughly.
- Pour into large serving bowl & garnish with chopped parsley.