Orecchiette With Cauliflower
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Orecchiette con Cavolfiore
- Ready In:
- 1 large cauliflower
- 5 anchovies
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 20 sprigs fresh Italian parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb dried orecchiette
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl of cold water and soak for about 1/2 hour.
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, discarding stems.
- Place the florets into boiling water with garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower, reserving cooking water.
- Transfer to a bowl until needed.
- Discard garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large casserole over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add anchovy filets, and mash with a fork.
- Bring cauliflower water back to a boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water, cook until 'al dente', about 10-12 minutes), and drain.
- Transfer pasta to casserole with anchovies, stir over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower, salt, and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, parsley, and serve. Serves 4.
- That's it!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION