Orchard Peach Cobbler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 5 cups peaches
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk (can substitute soy milk)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 tea salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place peaches in buttered 13 by 9 inch baking dish. In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add flour and baking powder alternatively with the milk. Mixture will be a sticky dough. Spread it evenly over the peaches, wetting the fingers often to help spread the dough.
- In a separate bowl mix the topping ingredients. Pour this mixture evenly over the batter, then sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup of hot water over the topping, just slighty wetting it. Bake at 375 for 1 hour, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!