Orange Spoon Sweet
- Ready In:
- 1hr 42mins
- 4 oranges, well scrubbed and dried
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Place the oranges in a medium saucepan of cold water over high heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Drain well. Repeat this blanching process 3 times. Drain well and cool.
- When the oranges are cool enough to handle, cut them in half crosswise. Remove and discard the seeds. Place the orange halves, cut side down, on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut each half, vertically, into very thin slices.
- Place the orange slices in α large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and toss to coat evenly.
- Place 1 1/2 cups water and the wine in α non-reactive saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the orange slices and again bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, or until quite thick.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a non-reactive container, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!