Orange-Soy-Ancho-Habanero Cocktail Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup orange preserves
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 habanero pepper, cleaned and minced
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili pepper, cleaned and minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients except cilantro into a sauce pot. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook on a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and sit until cool enough to puree with a blender or a hand-held blender. Puree to your desired consistency.
- Stir in cilantro. Serve cold with shrimp or any other seafood cocktail or a chicken dish.
- The two different peppers give a variety of heat styles -- a little in the front and some in the back. Feel free to add more or less than the recipe calls for. This one was about a 2.5 out of 5 on my heat scale.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pretty good home cook and a Food Network junkie. Every time I host an event or create a new dish, my confidence grows....I'm always testing new ideas and sometimes (I'm a nerd) that dreams in food.</p> <p>I was proud to have one of my recipes chosen as RecipeZaar's Recipe of the Day on 11/27/09 with my Turkey, Cranberry, & Pesto Sandwich. I also had the opportunity to cook at the Aetna Healthy Food Fight competition in Los Angeles last summer - talk about pressure!</p>