Orange Sesame Rice
This dish is great with a fish dish. Perhaps you would like it with one of my fish recipes! I guess you would call this marketing for my recipes. Serve it with your own favorite recipe. It is good with chicken too.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup basmati rice (or other long grain rice)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock (or Vegetable stock)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, chopped
- In a large saucepan; heat oil.
- Add Sesame seeds, stirring constantly, brown seeds about 2 minutes.
- Add Rice and Onion, saute 3 minutes.
- Pour in the Chicken stock (For Vegetarian use the Vegetable Stock).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the stock is absorbed (drain if necessary, don't overcook the rice).
- Stir in the orange zest and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had this for lunch today, and thought it was nice. I don't think I've quite got the knack of zesting yet, because I took ages to zest the orange, and yet it tasted slightly bitter in the recipe. The sesame seeds are a nice addition, though I felt this dish could do with a few more spices.10Reply
see 4 more