Orange Scented Sour Cream Muffins With Poppy Seed Streusel
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange zest (I use zest of one orange)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream (don't use fat-free, they don't turn out as well)
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare muffin tins.
- Prepare Struesel - combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- For the muffins, in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, if using, until combined. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine buttermilk and remaining muffin ingredients.
- Pour mixture into well of flour mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined - will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and sprinkle evenly with poppy seed struesel.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool immediately.
- These freeze well. Place on counter several hours until thawed or, if eating directly from freezer, reheat in microwave for 15 seconds until warm (not hot).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation