Orange Poppy Seed Scones
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These always go over really well when I serve them.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or your fingers until it resembles cornmeal.
- In another small bowl, beat the egg with the orange juice; add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just blended (you want to try and avoiding overbeating or overhandling the dough).
- Gently shape dough into a ball and cut in half.
- On a flour surface, pat each half into a circle, about 1/2 inch thick and about 8 inches in circumference.
- Cut each circle into 6 even wedges, and place the wedges, about 2 inches apart, onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION