Orange-Poppy Seed Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I adopted this recipe from the RecipeZaar account. I have not had a chance to make this myself.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Beat butter with orange zest until it whitens and holds soft peaks.
- Beat in sugar until well blended.
- Whisk together yolks and vanilla.
- Add to butter mixture and mix scraping down sides as necessary.
- Add flour and poppy seeds mixing only to combine Divide dough into 4 pieces and Roll into 4 logs, each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Dough should be frozen for 30 minutes so that it can be easily cut or you can freeze, wrapped well for later use.
- Slice 3/8 inch rounds.
- Bake on a parchment lined sheet pan until firm and lightly and evenly browned- about 12-15 minutes.
- The cookies must be cooked through to be tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a delicious cookie! Time for my husband to go on a business trip again, so I went searching for new cookie recipes to make for him to take with him, and voila! I am so glad this is one that I chose... we absolutely loved them. The flavors blended together wonderfully, and the orange and poppyseed combination was fantastic. DH gave some away here and there during his trip and made friends wherever he went :) The texture was very light and crisp, and I thank you so much for the terrific recipe! DianneReply
I bought poppy seeds so I could make these. I had never tasted poppy seeds before. I used salted butter because that is what I had on hand. I have decided I don't like poppy seeds much. The cookies all got eaten but I wouldn't make them again. Just my personal taste, nothing wrong with the cookies.Reply
see 4 more