Orange Peel Bread
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease loaf pans very well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar together until thoroughly mixed.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour alternately with milk to the batter and beat until well-blended.
- Stir in orange peel and pour into prepared pans.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until bread tests done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this bread. The orange flavor is nice and not too overpowering, even though I used store-bought peel instead of making my own. Very nice. A variation I did with the second loaf was to melt 1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate. Mixed in with 1/2 c. battef. Poured into the half-filled pan, topped with remaining batter, then swirled for a marbled affect. Nice chocolate orange bread.