Orange Oatmeal Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup instant plain oatmeal (not cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal (not cooked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- cinnamon (optional)
- Mix the oatmeal, corn meal, baking powder, and baking soda together first in bowl.
- Add the yogurt, egg white, and grated orange peel next. Mix well. Spoon onto griddle at 400 degrees or fry pan on medium.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Nice texture, and pleasant orange smell from the zest. I used complete egg (yolk and white) and non-instant oatmeal, but it still made up just fine. The whole grain batter sets up a little looser than wheat flour pancakes, which makes it a little sloshy when you flip, so smaller pancakes work better.