Orange-Glazed Carrots and Turnips
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A special occasion diabetic dish, as carrots and oranges are high in sugar. A great substitution for holiday sweet potatoes! From "Diabetes Cooking fo Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 1 3/4 vegetable, 1/4 fat.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups julienned turnips (or rutabaga)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- In a small bowl, whisk together everything from orange juice to orange rind.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oilover medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and ginger and cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Stir in the orange mixture and cook, stirring, until vegetables are glazed. Season to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION