Orange-Glazed Acorn Squash
I found this recipe in 2005 Taste of Home Annual Recipes. It was submitted by J Maynihan from Lakeville, MInn. Easy recipe that is very flavorful. There is a similar Taste of Home recipe posted on this site, but this recipe is slightly different.
- Ready In:
- 4 small acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup salt (omitted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut-side down in a 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan; add 1/3 in of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Drain water from baking pan; turn squash cut side up. Pour about 2 T. orange glaze into each squash half. bake 25-30 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is another great recipe that worked well for us as left overs the 2nd time around, since there were just 2 of us to enjoy it! I particularly enjoyed the combo of orange & squash, & admit that I was generous with the orange zest! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block]