Orange Creamsicle Soy Milk Ice Cream
photo by nataree
- Ready In:
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy milk, powdered sugar, and cornstarch.
- To this, add the egg yolks. Stir until combined.
- (Greasing the pan is optional so the liquid doesn't stick, I used coconut oil but any type of oil is acceptable.) Add the mixture to a saucepan cooking over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt (adjust to your liking).
- Stir constantly, until the temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.(Mixture won't necessarily be really thick).
- Remove from heat, transfer to a different bowl to cool.
- Stir in the vanilla and one drop of red food coloring (adjust to your liking).
- Once cool, transfer to a pre-chilled ice cream bowl. Add the orange juice.
- Churn until the mixture resembles soft serve ice cream, scraping the sides occasionally.
- Transfer to a Tupperware bowl, covering with plastic wrap before placing on the lid.
- Freeze it, or just eat it all :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!