Orange Cream Profiteroles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A great party item, small Choux pastry cakes filled with Cointreu and cream
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 50 g chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C (390F).
- Sift the flour and salt together then in a large saucepan boil butter and the water. Remove from the heat then add the flour and salt and beat with a wooden spoon until well blended and smooth, return the pan to a low heat for around 2 minutes while beating continuously then remove from the heat.
- Beat the three eggs into the mixture, it will curdle at first but keep stirring until it is smooth and glossy.
- On a greased pan drop tbsp sized balls of the mixture and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream and then add the sugar, rind and Cointreu and beat for another minute.
- Using a piping gun poke a small hole in the top of the profiterole and fill each of them, Then pour melted chocolate over the hole.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION