Orange Cream Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- lemon slice
- orange strip
- kumquat, and
- lemon balm, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, cinnamon, orange peel and butter. Press unto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare orange gelatin according to package directions. Set aside 1/2 cup at room temperature. Chill remaining gelatin until slightly thickened, 40-60 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in milk and lemon juice. Beat on medium-high speed 2 minutes longer. Gradually beat in orange juice concentrate and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into room temperature orange gelatin. Stir into cream cheese mixture, then fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust.
- For topping, in a large mixing bowl, beat whipped topping and sugar. Beat in refrigerated orange gelatin (mixture will be thin). Chill for 30 minutes. Gently spoon over filling (pan will be full). Refrigerate for 8 hour or overnight. Garnish lemon slices, orange peel strips, kumquats and lemon balm if desired.
Join The Conversation