Orange-Cranberry Pork Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is a favorite of ours. The cloves give it a little zip.
- Ready In:
- 6 center-cut pork chops, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- Sprinkle the chops lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and brown on both sides, in batches if necessary.
- Top with oranges and cranberries.
- Sprinkle with cloves and add broth.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until juices run clear when meat is pierced.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OMYum! I so enjoyed these flavors. Easy and fabulous. I would've been happy to serve them to company. I reconstituted the cranberries in the chicken broth before prepaing, and didn't have mandarin (which would've undoubtedly been better!), so I used navel orange sections. Still wonderful. You definitely have to like cloves for this to work. I cannot wait to make them again. Thank you! :DReply
Loved the combination of the 3 flavors orange, berries and spice. The mandarin oranges worked great in this recipe. I have been giving low rateings on meat that had orange juice in it. Love OJ but I guess not with meats. So this is a keeper and I'll be making this on a regular bases. Thanks Whisper for a great recipe.Reply
see 3 more