Orange Cranberry Bagels Bread Machine
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Place orange juice, salt, sugar, flour, cardamon, and yeast in the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough setting or dough/raisin setting.
- Add the dried cranberries after the first mixing or at the "beep" of the dough/raisin setting.
- When cycle is complete, let dough rest on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut dough into 8 equal pieces for large bagels or 16 for mini bagels.
- Roll each piece into a small ball. Flatten balls.
- Poke a hole in the middle of each with your thumb. Enlarge the hole and even out the dough around the hole.
- Cover bagels with a clean cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While dough is resting, Bring 3 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Stir in 3 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Sprinkle an ungreased baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Carefully transfer bagels to boiling water a few at a time. Boil for one minute, turning half way through. Drain on a clean towel covered cooling rack.
- Arrange boiled bagels on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!