Orange Cookies With Orange Icing
These are sun-shiny good! A co-worker gave me this recipe to try. She found it on the web some time ago and passed it on to me....and now to you!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed or out of the carton)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (not margarine)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs,and mix in well.
- Add orange juice/peel.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Mix frosting ingredients until smooth and drizzle over cooled cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm not sure what went wrong but these were.. well.. bad. They tasted like shortening and flour. I added an additional tbsp of orange zest to no avail. I even used fresh squeezed orange juice from wonderfully tasty oranges. If I attempt these again, I'll use butter instead of shortening and some orange extract for added flavor. Maybe I did something wrong? I don't know - I'm definitely not an expert cook but I usually can follow a recipe.Reply
see 2 more