Orange Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by Chickee
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, minced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter & both sugars until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, orange zest & vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt, then gradualy add to creamed mixture & mix well.
- Stir in chips & walnuts, then cover & chill 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- When dough has chilled, on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut with lightly floured 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!