Orange Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread
photo by spicyperspective
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar vanilla and orange zest until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Then add the chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Divide the dough until two pieces. Press them evenly into 2- 8 inch round cake pans. Bake for 11-12 minutes—until golden around the edges.
- With a small sharp knife, score the shortbread into 8 wedges per pan.
- Allow to cool in the pans another 10 minutes. Then flip out of the pans the gently separate in to wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a cooking instructor and food writer sharing recipes, cooking tips and SPICY thoughts!</p> <p><strong><img title=Sommer @ A Spicy Perspective src=http://aspicyperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/11-300x240.jpg alt=Sommer Collier width=300 height=240 /></strong></p> <p><strong>Check out all my recipes at <a href=http://www.aspicyperspective.com>www.aspicyperspective.com!</a></strong></p>