Orange Buttermilk Pancakes
From Better Homes and Gardens January 2007
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a large bowl combine flour and other dry ingredients including orange peel.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir orange juice mixture into flour mixture until combined but still slightly lumpy. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- For each pancake pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.
- Cook until golden; turn when tops are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (1-2 minutes per side).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more