Orange Balls -- Adult
And, wow, does the Cointreau add a deliciousness! They are wonderful when initially made, even better after aging a couple of days.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs or 3 cups shortbread, crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup grated sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 -4 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur (I recommend 4 !)
- powdered sugar, additional for rolling
- Mix first six ingredients.
- Form into one- to one-and-a-half-inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Store in covered container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These are divine!! They were hands down the favorite cookie on my holiday cookie tray. I used Grand Marnier instead of Cointreau because I had it on hand (I used about 3 1/2T.) and it worked great. These are definitely better after a couple of days but you had better hide them or they won't last that long. I am not a baker so I appreciated the fact that these just require mixing and rolling. It took me about 45 minutes to roll, but I made one inch balls rather than the larger size recommended in the recipe and got about 40 cookies. These will be included on my Christmas cookie tray from now on. Thank you for posting BarbryT!