Orange and Clove Roast Ham
photo by Aguslawa
- Ready In:
- 1 kg pork ham
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all spices, honey, salt, sweet & sour sauce and marmalade in a bowl.
- Massage the mixture into the meat, maing sure to prick it a few times with a long toothpick in each side when completely covered in sices. Set aside for 24 hours.
- Put the ham into a roast bag or a cover-up Pyrex / ceramic dish and put in the oven - BEFORE you turn it on; the ham should be warming up along with the oven. Set the temperature to 200 degrees Celcius, and when the oven reaches that temperature leave the ham inside for about 45-55 minutes.
- Serve with roast potatoes and orange salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a psychology student who loves to cook and create new, cheap and fancy recipes for every tired college student who wants to try something new.