Orange Almond Cake (Gluten Free)
- Ready In:
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the oranges, cover and simmer for one hour.
- Stain off the water. Cool the oranges. If you are in a hurry, I suggest you partly cool them -- (this will still work).
- While they are cooling, food process the sugar with the eggs until the sugar is dissolved and pour into a bowl.
- Cut the oranges in half and de-seed them and put the oranges (with peel and pith) into a food processor and pulp until reasonably smooth.
- Pour the pulp into the sugar/egg mix and add the almond meal. Gently mix together.
- Pour mix into baking paper lined 24 - 26cm springform tin and bake for 50 - 60 minutes at 185°C.
- Serve with creme fraiche, whipped cream, or vanilla ice-cream -- makes an awesome dessert. You could drizzle a little citrus liqueur around the plate.
- Added thoughts -- This cake DOES NOT need any syrup poured over it.
- NB.Simply double this recipe to get two large cakes. It is just as successful.
- Occasionally, I will add a slurp of Grand Marnier, Contreau, or Galliano; however, try it plain initially.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation