Open-Faced Scrambled Egg and Sausage Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 1 mild Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Crumble the sausage meat into a large, nonstick skillet, breaking up with the back of a spoon.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for about 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add the onion, green pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add the eggs and parsley.
- Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until thickened and moist but no liquid remains.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- Top with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and top with salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>