Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwich
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 2 hoagie rolls, sliced and toasted
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise (use about 2 teaspoons per slice (or more)
- 4 -8 teaspoons coarse ground mustard (use about 1-2 teaspoons per slice or to taste)
- 1 lb thinly sliced cooked beef
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced red onion (use as much as desired)
- 4 -8 slices mozzarella cheese or 4 -8 slices provolone cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- Place the toasted bun halves on a baking sheet.
- Lightly spread with mayonnaise then mustard.
- Layer as follows starting with roast beef then sliced tomato, red onion, salt, pepper the sliced cheese on top.
- Broil 3-6 inches from the heat for about 2-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is lightly browned (keep an eye on it this will brown fast).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!