Open-Face Veg Burgers With Sauteed Onions
For all those vegetarians! From Better Homes & Gardens.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 4 veggie burgers (10-oz. pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 4 1⁄2 inches slice ciabatta, toasted
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- In large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion slices and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, prepare burgers according to package microwave directions.
- In small bowl combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread mixture on one side of each bread slice. Top bread with spinach and burger. Stir steak sauce into cooked onions. Spoon onion mixture on burgers. Makes 4 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation