Ooie Gooie Bread
photo by seesko
- Ready In:
- 1 lb loaf frozen bread dough
- 3 1⁄2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Thaw bread dough according to package directions.
- Cut dough into one inch cubes.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each piece of bread dough into pudding and roll in sugar mixture.
- Drop into a greased bundt pan.
- Cover and let rise at room temperature until double in size.
- remove cover and bake in preheated ove at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- remove from bundt pan and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OUTSTANDING BREAD TREAT! I took SarahBeth's hint & used half brown sugar & half regular (we like sweet!) AND increased the amount of cinnamon by half! I also took another reviewer's tip & stirred the sugar into the pudding right off, then did the dipping & rolling after that ~ Worked out just fine & 4 of us had a great time devouring this GREAT TASTING, OOIE GOOIE BREAD! Definitely a keeper! [Made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
Tagged for Bevy Tag Dec. I am late in reviewing. Lost my mind for a bit but have made this several times now as I can eat it without so much guilt and my kids (adults) love monkey bread. This is the perfect fit of the 2. Not only does it taste good it is simple to make. Loved it! I also layed out to bits after dipping on a sugar covered tray, then rolled them a bit until covered. Less mess forme. When kids did it they made a mess but lots of laughter.
Who would have thought you could have ooey gooey cinnamon rolls w/o all the fat? This was so easy to make and so yummy to eat. The kids had a blast helping and getting their hands covered w/ all the ooey gooey in the process! A definite keeper! I used instant pudding made with skim milk. When we dipped the pudding covered dough into the cinnamon sugar, the pudding and sugar got all mixed up and eventually I just stirred some of the pudding up a bit w/ some of the sugar and just rolled the dough bits in that. Seemed to work just fine. Thanks for a definite keeper! Made for My 3 Chefs 2007.