Ooey Gooey Cheesy Meatballs
photo by Chef Petunia
- Ready In:
- 1 slice bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; then lightly coat the foil with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the bread until they resemble crumbs.Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and toast until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the toasted bread crumbs and milk; let stand until all of the milk is absorbed.
- In a large bowl, add the breadcrumb mixture, ground beef, grated onion, sour cream, egg, salt and pepper.
- Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs and place on onto prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle a small amount of mayonnaise on each meatball. (A squeeze bottle or Ziploc bag is perfect for this.).
- In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella and Parmesan. Sprinkle each meatball with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted and is slightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Broil for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until the cheese has crisped up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and I love to cook. I enjoy trying new and different foods and ingredients, enjoy traveling, festivals that gear toward food or drink, camping and being with family & friends. I am a serious cookbook and recipe collector, love my felines and try to balance my life to live to it's fullest.