Oodles of Noodles Chicken Salad
A very simple noodle salad that makes a great lunch for two. This recipe is easily doubled. Cook time is chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced (white and some of the green)
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Cook Ramen as directed on package.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold water and place in a medium sized bowl.
- While noodles are cooking combine mayonnaise, Sambal olek, and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the noodles and mix well.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Chill 1 – 2 hours before serving.
- Serve on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I did not like the spicyness of the sambal oelek, and in fact ditched the first dressing I made. However, the second time around I used ranch dressing and a tablespoon of Catalina salad dressing, and this time it was winner. I love the noodle texture added to the chicken salad. Yum! We served it wrapped in romaine lettuce along with Recipe #336759.Reply
see 3 more