Onion Yorkshire Puddings
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- In a large skillet, saute the onions with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned.
- Divide among eight 6 ounce ramekins or custard cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt.
- Combine the eggs, water and milk, whisk into flour mixture just until blended.
- Fill each ramekin with 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow Bonnie, what a great recipe. It's so quick and easy to make with great results. We really loved this popover, it was light tender and delicious. I served them with Pork Medallions with Dijon Creamed Apples and Apple glazed carrots with bacon, for an incredible dinner. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, wish I could give you 10 stars. Forgot to mention that I made 1/2 the recipe and got two beautiful large Popovers. I'll be making this again, dh has already requested it .
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"