Onion Soup With Sherry
- Ready In:
- 4 -6 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup medium-dry sherry (or white wine)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash ground pepper
- In a large stock pot, saute the onion and garlic in the butter for 10 minutes or until lighly carmelized.
- Add the consumme soup, chicken broth, parsley, bay leaf, worcestershire sauce, sherry, thyme and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!