Onion Sauce for Hot Dogs & Burgers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a wonderful sauce for hot dogs and burgers.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 22mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups onions (thinly sliced)
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces ketchup or 8 ounces smooth tomato sauce
- 8 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onions and garlic in oil about 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and not brown. Add the flour and stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer 50 minutes. If it gets too thick, add a little more water.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve on hot dogs and burgers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation