Onion Sandwich Au Gratin
For the new year 2010, I'm looking to try healthy recipes and this one looks yummy and comes from Light Recipes cookbook for Jean Pare.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups onions, sliced
- cold water
- boiling water
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
- Let soak the onion in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Put the onion in a saucepan. Add boiling water. Bring to boil. Let simmer, covered, until onions are tender. Drain.
- Spread the onion on the slices of toasted bread. Garnish each one with a slice of cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. Broil in oven until cheese is melted and ligthly golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION